Pressure cooking is a great way of cooking as it saves your efforts and time to a large extent. Generally, beginners in cooking are fearful of using pressure cookers; it is very important to know the safety measures related to pressure cookers while using one. This post gives a few important pressure cooker instructions.
Instructions for Using a Pressure Cooker
Given below are some instructions for proper use of a cooker:
- Always fill the cooker only till the maximum fill level marked.
- Add the ingredients in the given order; for instance, add meat first and later add vegetables. Follow such instructions to avoid the food from turning into a mush.
- As far as the pressure release is concerned, always release steam in a slow and natural way for foods like cereals, stews, meats and pulses. This may take around 15 minutes after removing from heat.
- The other way for releasing steam is quick pressure release, which is suitable for fishes and poultry.
Few Tips for Cookers
Here are few tips for pressure cooker owners:
- Avoid using pressure cookers for deep frying.
- Check the gasket on a regular basis as the efficiency of the cooker depends on the gasket.
- Ensure that the valves are dirt-fee before using the cooker.
- Go through the manufacturers instructions before using the pressure cooker.
Pressure cooker instructions are very vital to be followed to avoid any untoward accidents.